Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sparkling Sparkles

Even before my diagnosis I would occasionally ponder what my legacy would be.
While I know I am unique and special (Thanks Mom and Dad) I know that my life is ordinary... a Momma of 3, a wife of nearly 10 years, a part time admin in a small company, a member of a mega church, a participant in a life group, a friend to many.
I do ordinary things- grocery shop, run errands, homemaking, school volunteering, activities at church, an occasional missions trip.
Yet often when people think of a legacy (me included) I think of BIG- big donations, BIG projects, Life Changing experiences and Large groups of people impacted.

So how was ordinary going to translate to something like that.

And the other day, it all became clear.
My legacy was already happening, in an ordinary way with the help of my Sparkles and I was filled with tremendous JOY

Little did I realize so many years ago that a Momma nickname would turn into a way of living and blessing others.
My Sparkles.... My Legacy

Recently my uncle passed away and it was during the difficult conversation with the Sparkles that I realized our legacy was already being lived out.

Within in their grief of the unexpected passing of my uncle each Sparkle stated in their own way that they wished they had said Goodbye a little better, hugged a little tighter, played another game- if they had known it would be the last.
And as I held the three on my lap (quite the challenge these days) and snuggled them close the words just began to flow....

Did you Sparkle him?
Did you share your joy when you were together?
Did he leave better then he came?

(All in reference to our last visit together over Thanksgiving)

A tremendous joy filled my heart- our Legacy
Sparkling those that we encounter- spreading joy- and blessing others

As the tears turned to giggles of memories shared, as the snuggles turned to wrestling (it always does with three sparkles on one lap) a difficult conversation turned into a challenge for days to come.

And a Legacy was started...