Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New Normal

I have faithfully been called stubborn throughout my life (mostly because it is true) and I have often tried the more difficult path- wanting to learn for myself and needing to know for certain not just making an assumption.

This journey is no different.

Each day I try to do something I have done before... and am quickly learning that a New Normal is my future.

Mondays adventure included driving myself (which I have rarely done since my diagnosis) Target.
It was a solo adventure that needed to happened and I learned a lot.

I learned that Normal is good and needed

In this case normal was my favorite handbag, Target and Starbucks
It was a blessing (and exhausting) to adventure out alone with a list in hand (I go no where without a list now days) and to slowly do for myself what others have so graciously stepped up to do for me. I had to be intentional with where  I walked, think ahead the shortest distance to the things I needed, and to even take a break to sit in the middle. As I walked the quiet aisle (I think it was me and 2 cashiers in the entire store) I felt peaceful that I had tried and learned that solo adventures are a thing of my past (for now), that doing it on my own, by myself just might not be the new reality. 

I learned that I can't do the same Normal any more and the great part... I am ok with it.

Because I tried, because I know it to be true and because I see the great potential for joyful moments with others.


May your day be filled with joyful moments

A.