Saturday, March 11, 2017

Llama Lamps and Lattes

Joy comes in all different ways and while I might regret this post later I wanted to share an on going joy of my life.

As previously posted, excursions to Target are a wonderful distraction and often a highlight of my non-chemo weeks. If that same trip includes a Starbucks my joy tank is nearly full. And if I see the Llama Lamp (which I so dearly love) my Joy tank overflows.

I have no idea why I am attached to this silly little lamp (zoom in closer to see the Llama head stand and pom pom dazzled shade) or why just seeing it makes me smile but it does. And the one trip that it was not there (snatched up by another Llama lover I'm sure) I was nearly in tears.
But if I had to guess, I think it brings me joy because its unexpected and a bit of silliness mixed in with the normals of every day (pillows and sheets).
Don't we all need moments like that? Daily reminders amidst the ordinary things.

And just for clarification to my initial statement.... I do NOT want to owe a Llama lamp :)
I prefer it to stay where its joy can bless others.

May you too find hidden Joy filled moments in the ordinary parts of your days.