Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hump Day

Dark is Dark
Suck Sucks
and having Cancer is Hard 

Each day I am faced with new obstacles sometimes new symptoms and always new realities. 

What I can eat today, I may or may not be able to eat tomorrow 
Activities that were once easy now pose new challenges 
and I am reminded often of my journey and this season of my life

It is easy to sink into the Dark, to feel the weight of my diagnosis. 
It is easy to feel discouraged and burdened 
and too often it feels like that its only hard days and can'ts 

Unintentionally (or sub consciously) as the anxiety has increased, as the journey has progressed, and as time passes I have started bracing myself for what was coming next, tensing at the anticipated and slowly sinking into my present reality. 

I have come to expect (though am never prepared) an increase in these thoughts and feelings as I draw closer to the next infusion. Each round a little sooner and a lot stronger. 

Last weekend was no different, just days before my 6th infusion 
My anxiety was high, my body was weary and I was feeling my reality deeply when a dear friend  blessed me with her culinary skills and creativity. 

This is what she made... 
Camel Cookies 
To celebrate Half Way (Hump Day) of my Infusions 


It was just the  bit of encouragement (or bribing) that I needed 

These silly little cookies were just the reminder I needed

They reminded me that there is 
always something to celebrate
sweet moments can be found in the midst of every day 
Joy comes in all shapes and sizes 
and blessings await  


Dark will still be Dark
Suck will still suck
Cancer is still hard but I am half way,