Sunday, March 19, 2017

Chemo #6

To quote my better half...
"its really annoying to have to say that my bi-weekly chemo infusions have become "normal"
But... well it has"

So have the bi-weekly Starbucks :)
before we head to the hospital for my infusion


Another annoying "normal" is the fact that no two infusions are alike.

Infusion #6 was chemo only (no doctor appointment) and from the start it was clear this one would follow the "normal" pattern.
My port was being less then cooperative (though still a blessing) and the normal routine blood draw took 3x times as long.

Nearly an hour after arriving, I was settled into "my room" for treatment

The "normals" continued with:

Chewing Ice for an hour
 (we tried a substitution of frozen fruit instead of ice chips which proved to be a bit more cumbersome then anticipated and changes for next time were quickly noted.)

HGTV
(Love it or List is not as distracting or appealing as Fixer Upper)

And the constant commotion of nurses and med techs making it difficult to focus on anything for longer then a moment

But this is the normal of our now and I find comfort in the familiarness of it

One more done, 6 more to go