Friday, March 31, 2017

Chemo #7

As is the normal after an infusion, there is no normal.

There is a bit of a routine... wake up, get ready, Starbucks, Blood Work, Doctor Appointment, Infusion, Home and then rest but a lot can happen in the in-betweens.

Not only am I physically weary but an emotional weariness has settled in.

Half way has been a greater emotional struggle then I was prepared for and knowing that although I am half done there is also still half way to go.
There is also a heightened level of anticipation as the treatment cycle nears its end (12 infusions) and I prepare for the results and next steps of this journey.
I am neither hopeful nor hopeless

And I am finding comfort and joy wherever I can

like enjoying some post infusion snuggles with my Cooper.

 a new hat
a cup of warm tea

and surrounding myself with reminders of joy and the circle that is holding me up.

I am blessed to by all of you, who share this journey, who say "we've got you" when I need to hear it most.

Thank you