Friday, June 1, 2012

Dirty Girl Mud Run: Part II

Almost 3 week since the race and I guess its time that I fess up....

 (For all our UK readers.... the Truth is out. I am the Stig)


I broke my foot during the race. Obstacle 7- the tire high step to be exact. And yes... I finished the race (as shown in the pictures). Half my team did not even realize I was injured until after the race (when I was in the medic tent).

I could give a long explanation but the reality is it was a fluke...
maybe I was a bit overzealous in my attempt
or
maybe I was a bit cocky and tried to be faster then my skills allowed
or
maybe the genetics were so strong (thanks mom) that I had no hope of overcoming my klutziness
or
maybe Air Casts are the summer fashion


After a Saturday visit to the Immediate Care (they had no wait and could complete x-rays) and an early appointment with the Sports Medicine Doctor Monday following the race, the conclusion (though it was obvious) was a broken foot and 6-8 weeks in a walking cast.

I am on the mend and itching to get back into racing.