Friday, February 10, 2017

Colors of Support

To end my last doctors appointment I saved my most pressing question for last...

What is the awareness color for Hodgkins Lymphoma?

My Doctor smiled and said-

Lymphoma is LIME GREEN
Hodgkins is VIOLET

When pressed further, which is the most "appropriate" color to wear he smiled and asked,
Which color would your Sparkles pick? Wear that :)

The perfect answer and the more I thought about it the more I found that yet again I have been blessed with Joy is journey

Both colors are easy to incorporate into wardrobes or accents and I had both a girl and boy color for my Sparkles.
Both colors are distinct and easy for others to wear in a show of support


That evening. when I shared with the Sparkles, they were not so keen to have two colors and getting to pick.
Lillian did not think that was official enough.

And then it came to me, the perfect explanation....
Lymphoma is like a last name (Sparkman) so Lime Green is for the whole family but if you want more specific you need to know a first name (Hodgkins) so thats violet.
The light bulb clicked and Lillian was animated as she found Joy in this new information.

As I tucked Lillian into bed, I saw the wheels turning as she began to think of ways to "wear" Momma.

And finally as  I typed "lime green violet turtles" into my google search this was the image that appeared...


Joy again
A lime green, violet wearing, Ninja (fighting), turtle
What a perfect imagine for me :)

May you too be blessed with unexpected Joyful moments :)