Sunday, May 29, 2011

Setting the Record Straight...

We DO NOT know the sex of Baby Button!

I have to admit that originally I was skeptical of not finding out the sex of our newest family member and waiting until D day for the reveal but never did I anticipate the reactions and mistrust of others :)

Just to bust a few myths....

*I have been caught on occasion to referring to Button as a he.
Part for maternal instinct (my gut reaction since finding out we were expecting) and part because I just don't like calling Button and IT.

*The nursery is not blue because we know we are having a boy.... (Great detective work, Omi). The nursery is blue because that is the color we painted the room 3 years ago when Madi and Lilli first started sharing a room and this became our guest room. It matched my bedroom suite of furniture (which is currently at my parents house, in an also blue painted room).

*The ultrasound tech COULD NOT determine Button's sex in the initial ultrasound and although Button was in an improved position at the second ultrasound, we requested not to find out the sex and are waiting to be surprised.

*While my OB has been caught calling Button a she, the OB does not know what the sex is either (the file is marked Unknown, I have seen it).

*We have tried all but the Drain-o test (which Rob banned) and it is official, we are having a baby!
Half the tests have been boy and the other half girl (these test include the Chinese calendar, string over the wrist, etc).