Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

Each year, Mothers day becomes more special. 
Some might think that this year is more special for us because of the impending arrival of Baby Button and while that is partially true, I have found that the specialness of the day comes from the manner in which the girls show their love to Mommy that year. 
(Every time Lillian sees me she shouts Happy Mothers Day- like when I got out of the car at church and walked around to unbuckle her, or when I picked her up from Sunday School, or while making lunch and I had gone into the other room to find my slippers). 

Mothers Day gifts are always a treat to receive and fun to see what the girls select. (They usually can't keep it a secret).
I have been blessed to have a wonderful mother who has taken it upon herself each year to shop with the girls for a mother's day gift for me and helped to steer the girls to meaningful mementos of their love. 


This year marked the year of the first "true" mother's day gift. The girls were stubborn in their decisions and gift selections.

Madison made her Mother's day gift at school- a coupon list of chores to do for Mommy and scented bath salts (made by her) for relaxing. She drew her card and kept the gift a secret and was proud to present it to me today. 
Madi was thrilled to have accomplished her gift on her own and eager to see my reaction. 
Thanks Moopers, it was a wonderful gift. 

Lillian gave a Lillian gift. 
(Thankfully Nana steered her away from something Dora :)
She was so excited to give it to me that she announced in the car (just around the corner from the house) what the gift was. 

Part one of the gift:
A hand print plaque:
(While all the other children in Sunday school made hand print plaques for their Mommy's Lillian made me a footprint (too messy for the fingers). 
Part two of the gift:
A heart box containing a pretty necklace (as shown in the picture)
and a notebook for my purse (so she can have paper to color)


I wish we had the camera ready to capture the sheer joy on Lillian's face as she presented her gifts. She was so proud to show Mommy what she had picked out and was anxious for Mommy to see the prizes. 

Only other mothers would understand the joy in my heart at receiving a gaudy necklace that I will wear out of love for my daughter. 
(Lillian was very concerned during lunch that I would spill on my necklace and ruin it).

I am blessed to be the mother of two wonderful, kind and loving daughters. 
Madison and Lillian are my treasures from heaven and I am so thankful to be their Mommy. 

This has been a wonderful Mother's day!