Friday, April 10, 2009

Uh Oh!

One perk of my new part time job....
I can work from home, which is exactly what I did Friday morning.

With a 10am conference call scheduled, I settled Lillian into her chair with her music table and prepared my notes. Right on schedule, the call came through and over the next 30 minutes I alternated listening to Lillian and taking the meeting notes.

Shortly after the call began, Lillian abandoned her table and came to play with the books on the bookcase (still well within sight of my desk).
But as the conversation drew to a close, the silence of the house was overwhelming.
I quickly said my good-byes and went in search of Lillian.
I knew just where to look but had no idea what I would find.

Lillian just loves to splash in water (even if it is the toilet). Luckily I had cleaned it that morning.

After cleaning up the mounds of toilet paper (Lilli had shredded the entire roll) and washing her hands (several times) with antibacterial soap, it was time for a drink.

A drink of milk, that is.

Nothing beats a comfy chair, warm milk, and a monkey after a hard morning of play.