Saturday, October 21, 2017

Just a Day

just an ordinary day....

at least that is how it began.

But this pesky cough just won't go away, it was finally time to call my doctor.

I should have called sooner, but fear has a way of stopping us from doing what we know to do.

Because this journey began not so long ago with a pesky cough and I was afraid the merry go round was beginning again.

So I called and was asked to come to the hospital (where my doctors office is located) for a chest X-ray and an appointment.

I quickly showered, dropped off the littles and headed downtown.

Nervous does not seem strong enough to describe how I was feeling as I drove downtown, there wasn't even time to grab my favorite cup of Brave.

Chest x-ray went fine and I hurried upstairs for my appointment.

I was immediately hooked up to an iv, blood drawn and a very uncomfortable nose swab completed.

 In the rush of the morning, at least I remembered to grab a book.


The emotions flooded as I sat in the infusion room waiting... waiting is hard. But with waiting comes answers.

I have bronchitis and the early signs of pneumonia- its not just a pesky cough.
I was assured (multiple times) that it was right to call and that I am to also call on Monday to give an update on my symptoms (the hope is that 5 days of antibiotics will begin to make a difference and no further testing will be required).

3 hours later I was headed home and treated myself to a frozen coke- it had been a long day

 With mandated rest on my agenda, I snuggled up with comfort snacks, the same good book, my favorite blanket and chair and a peaceful heart.
I still feel pretty crummy and worry is always waiting to take hold, but there is much to be thankful for and always joy to be found.
 And when I finished my book, I started knitting on my loom.
Because its a lot easier to sit when your hands are busy.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.
The road to remission continues and I am hanging on for the ride.