Thursday, September 7, 2017

Sew Thankful

One of the things I missed while going through chemo was the time to sew and create.
And while I am no where close to where I was prior to treatment and everything takes significantly longer then it did previously- I am thankful to the blessing of sewing in my life.

I started with a project I began a year ago...
Happy Fall Y'all

 I had a few extras... guess I got a little pumpkin excited :)

I also strapped on my Bravery and signed up for a sewing class.
My wingman for the evening was a dear friend who also sews.



We tackled learning ZIPPERS :)

Getting started....
There were moments of joy and moments of complete frustration.
Moments of clarity and moments of utter confusion

In the end, my project looked as expected, I gained a skill (hopefully) and I learned a valuable lesson.

I learned that its good to try new things, its good to have an idea in mind but success (in this case finishing the project) does not mean a milestone is crossed off the list.
Going to a sewing class does not mean I am ready to do full time sewing.
Going to one class does not mean I am ready to take another
One evening of bravery does not mean strapping on the badge of bravery in all situations and circumstances
I learned that I am still on the road to progress that my limitations are still greater then my accomplishments.
I learned that its always wise to try but even wiser to accept the lessons learned.

And I am reminded, normal will return and there is much to look forward to in the future.