Sunday, July 23, 2017

Remission

Remission is hard.
There are moments of normal and moments of fatigue that knock me down and out for hours or days

Remission is slow.
Healing from 6 months of toxins takes time and patience. It will not happen in a blink of an eye.

Remission does not mean the immediate return of normal (though I am beginning to wonder if there is such a thing as normal).
Although I am blessed with glimpses of normal and the return of privileges- like pedicures (which are always better with a starbucks in hand)

Remission doesn't mean the relief of ALL symptoms or the subtraction of medicines

Remission does take away fear or anxiety or the memories of the months of treatment.

BUT
Remission does gives reasons to hope.
Remission does promise that healing is coming
Remission does provides ample opportunities for find and seek Joy.

So my journey continues. one step at a time with my eyes focused forward and my heart seeking and choosing Joy