Monday, May 22, 2017

Chemo #11

Just another normal infusion day...
Except this day, my wish came true :)

Dory finally got her detour to Target.

For those that may not understand the significance of this let me explain...
One of my early questions to my doctor was "Can I drive myself to chemo... the answer was No"
Several weeks later as Rob was driving me to my infusion I shared that I understood why a person could not drive themselves to an infusion.
1. They would forget where they were supposed to be going and end up at a better place like Target (dory moment)
2. And even if  they did know where they were supposed to go, they would want to go anywhere that wasn't the hospital

But the detour was short and it was time to start the day.

After a normal doctors appointment it was time to hook up to the drips and begin the infusion process.
Due to scheduling, lunch was smack in the middle of the treatment.

Frozen cokes (always a favorite) have become my "cold' choice for my Doxy infusion and I always love corn dogs (even if they are from a gas station.

We finished in enough time to pick my mother in law up from the airport (she blessed me with a second Starbucks)


then a  quick stop to see Lillian in her Wax Museum (boy she was surprised)




 and then finally home. I was exhausted.


As many of you might see, my hair has begun to grow :) It is short and patchy in places but its a glimmer of Hope in this journey.
For now I will rest.

11 done, 1 to go :)