Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Palooza

It is the Sparkman tradition to transform our house during Christmas into what is fondly called
Christmas Palooza

We decorate each room in the downstairs of our house with themed Christmas trees and beloved decorations.

It is something that most years I highly anticipate with joy and excitement.

But this year was hard, I even asked if we could skip it all together.
I tried to simplify and only do what was most important to the Sparkles.
I asked each of them what they loved most... and the answer was EVERYTHING.

They love the trees in all the rooms, and were quite upset to even consider a tree being "left out."
They love the themes and display of the many ornaments we have collected throughout the years.
They love the twinkle of the lights in the otherwise dark rooms.
They love singing snowman that climb the stairs
They love it all.

So down came the boxes
and up went the trees (there are 12 this year all ranging in size from 1-7.5 feet).
On went the Christmas music
and Palooza began.

My joyful Sparkles


 So as I sit with coffee and admire the trees, I am thankful that I could give my Sparkles their wish.
It was a lot of work and my heart wasn't really into it. But I had choice and I chose JOY.

The Joy on the Sparkles faces as they decorated.
The Joy of the memories made
And the reminder that we have this time together and we are blessed.


Another year of Palooza and a house filled wth JOY