Thursday, September 22, 2011

Family Movie Night

A good friend's blog is entitled "Choosing Joy" and has been quite the encouragement as I tackle the challenges of my new role as a mother of 3. Each day I am seeking the joy even in the most challenging moments.

I am learning to be flexible and to go with the flow. I am learning to put aside the Mommy agenda and sometimes just go with the example and suggestions of my children and ultimately to view life with a child like faith.

Tonight was one of those nights. My Mommy To Do's was a page long but at the suggestion of Madison to have a family movie night, I followed their enthusiasim and joined them in the living room.
The film of choice: Marmaduke

Here was the result:

Snuggling with their Mommy blankets in their red chairs- all cuddled up.
 Even Cooper was wide awake for the festivities
 Movie night would not be complete without popcorn and smarties
 Cuddling during the scary parts
 Dancing to the credits

Tonight was the best night.
No tears or tantrums. No time outs or hurt feelings
Just giggles, smiles and happy memories.

I am blessed.