Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nap time for Lillian

Nap time for Lillian has become a bit of challenge, she just does not always believe that a nap should be on the daily agenda (But Mama needs a nap too!).
The compromise has been that she can negotiate a nap on the weekends (usually Sunday).
She makes a deal with Daddy that if she promises to not throw a fit and to behave, she does not have to take a nap.
On several occasions (after negotiate to not take a nap), she has fallen asleep in the midst of a task (middle of the family room floor) and ends of taking a nap anyway.

Today was no different then any other weekend, she did not want to take a nap.
After being sent inside from the backyard for throwing a fit, Lillian informed me that she was not quite ready for a nap. She said this as she was yawning and rubbing her eyes.
I said OK and to let me know when she was ready. I continued dusting upstairs and then noticed that Lillian was no longer sitting on the couch by me, and it was awfully quiet.

This is what I discovered...
Lillian sound asleep in Madison's bed with Madison's beloved white baby and elephant.
2 hours later, Lillian was ready to head back to the backyard for a Do Over.
I guess a nap was not such a bad idea after all.