Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Lesson Learned

Someone reminded me recently that what I really wanted to be when I grew up was a MOM, so why wasn't I enjoying the opportunity.

I had a lot of excuses (I called them reasons) for not seeming to enjoy what I said I wanted.

While it is difficult to admit it, the person was right and thus I have tried each day to enjoy the blessings of our two wonderful daughters and the time we have together (I know so many women who wish they had the flexibility to stay home as I do).

Its fun to put aside the chores and To Do lists and play with the girls. It is a joy to sit down with a cup of tea and listen to their giggles from the next room. And while sometimes overwhelming, it is even nice to hear them squabble together, because even though they aren't getting along they have each other.

I am blessed to be Mom!