Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Chemo #8

In honor of opening day at Wrigley (go Cubbies) I sported my team colors and decided that my "last" meal before my infusion would follow the same theme.

 I love my husband and the small indulgences he blesses me with-  like stopping at 4 different places for lunch
 (Starbucks for coffee, DJs for a Chicago dog, Primati brothers for my fries, and Five Guys for his burger fries and peanuts :)

 Then is off to downtown for my infusion. Blood work was routine and there were no changes to my treatment.
This was the first infusion that I asked to sleep and was blessed with a wonderful and compassionate nurse who did everything she could to grant my wish.
I still had to keep my mouth cold (frozen grapes and bananas) during the first chemo drug but was able to rest under warm blankets the remainder of the time.
 My end of infusion treat was to share a Peanut Buster Parfait from Dairy Queen on the ride home.
8 done, 4 to go.