Friday, April 21, 2017

Blog Updates

After several comments and a bit of constructive feedback I thought I should write a brief disclaimer regarding my blog updates.

As you may have noticed, there is often a lull between post (and yes I do go back and post date updates to correspond with when the event actually happened and not when I finally posted the pictures). This lull is due entirely to the effects of chemo and when the "haze" lifts.
It is very difficult to post with a foggy mind and while in the beginning the fog usually lifted around days 8-10 post infusion the residue of the haze is staying longer and longer.

 I refer to this new phase as Dory (hence my new amazing coffee mug). These Dory moments are a part of my daily life and become more frequent especially when I am tired,anxious, afraid, over stimulated, fearful, and before or after an infusion.

A blog post can take me anywhere from 1-3 hours to type and post. This is not me seeking perfection but is just me trying to find clarity in my thoughts and to correct my typos and auto corrections (some times quite exciting as I am not sure if the auto correct is an error or what I really meant).

Please know that I want to blog and I am open to sharing any and all of my journey.
Be patient and forgiving of my typos, sudden shifts in formatting, and my misuse of then and than (yup still can't always get that one right).

I am trying but its getting harder.

I so appreciate all of you for checking in and wanting to know how I am doing and where we are in the journey and please know that no news is good news and silence is always an opportunity for encouragement and prayer.